This module is a deep immersion into the transformational power of sound. Our focus is on direct experience with Sanskrit mantra, nāda yoga, kīrtan, bhakti yoga and compassionate communication. The Universe is sound — if you can change your thought vibrations, you can change the world. Learn to entrain everyday thoughts to your fullest potential and literally create a higher resonance for your life. Develop and refine sound-based yoga skills which will prepare you to practice and teach with awareness and refinement.
KEY CONCEPTS :
- Falling in Love with Sanskrit — five mouth placements for accurate Sanskrit pronunciation, the alphabet as the play of divine consciousness in Tantric philosophy
- Transformation through the Yoga of Sound — the stages of mantra meditation from “life jacket” to divine life, principles and case studies, Ayurveda and the mind
- Music as Meditation — discovering the Self-shining voice, the journey from silence to sound
NOTE : Neither singing ability nor musical experience is required in order to attend this training. Our emphasis is on your direct experience of the power of sound itself, not on musical or singing skill. All students will be invited to participate in the group chanting to demonstrate their understanding of the material.
Dates + Times : May 14, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 25, 26, 27 2018
- Monday, Wednesday 5:30-8:30pm
- Friday 10:45-12/12:30-4pm
- Saturday 9-1, Sunday 12:30-4:30
Registration + Payment : sign up!